Monday, January 23, 2023

Thought-provoking question

Give me a thought-provoking question, for the group, he said.

Okay, I said, why aren't we doing N's idea of a men's breakfast, inviting the homeless?

They aren't up then, he said.

So we'll do a lunch, I said.

You'd have to build support, he said.

So we'll build it, over time, while we get going, I said.

But we'd have to . . . 

You asked for a thought-provoking question, I said.

Is it easier to do the loving thing, when the loving thing doesn't involve unlovely people?

Is it easier to stand up, step forward, and stretch out, when all you are stretching out is to hand over a sandwich, rather than being at close range?

Is it easier to talk about how important relationships are to life if we don't have to have them?

Is it easier to talk about the importance of providing a social centre for the community if we don't have to deal with *that* community?

No comments:

Post a Comment