Monday, January 30, 2023

Intuitive problem-finding

An interesting aspect of being a combined instrumental and intuitive griever is that of problem finding, and problem solving.

As an instrumental griever, I have been very active, and even somewhat organized, in regard to the grief projects (for example, organizing, structuring, promoting, and preparing the grief guys program and materials).  However, in regard to the intuitive side of my grief, I have recently become more aware of a need to speak about my feelings, and to deal with some of the affective/intuitive aspects of my grief.  I am considering, and have been considering, and in fact have decided to, seek more time in professional counseling.

But, I have not yet done so.  I am working with the hospice society, and I'm at the hospice office regularly.  It would be, seemingly, fairly easy to simply request sometime with one of the counselors.  However, so far I haven't actually done it.  This morning, in a conversation on another topic, this point came up, and the other person was querying why I had not yet done so.  I'm wondering the same thing.  And, in studying more on the differences between intuitive and instrumental grieving, I know that this is an aspect of intuitive grieving: that intuitive grievers, while they do fulfill their obligations in their jobs, or for their immediate family, tend not to solve problems related to their own grief, affect, or emotions.

So, it's interesting that I have not yet made an appointment for counseling.  And, it will be interesting to see how long it takes me to actually do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment