Saturday, January 21, 2023

Friends help

Have I made new friends here in Port Alberni?  Of course I have.

One friend is a photographer.  A really good photographer.  A professional photographer.  With a whole collection of camera equipment.  We have talked about various types of cameras, and the different functions that you can perform with different cameras.  I have told him of my need to get a digital camera body, and an adapter to use my existing lenses.  He's not interested in helping me find any appropriate camera equipment.

I have met another friend, at another church, who is big into woodworking.  He does lots of things, for lots of people.  He does all kinds of things for different members of his family.  He helps out people who have difficulty with hardware, and particularly woodworking, problems around their homes.  I have told him of my project, stalled for many years because I have absolutely no hardware skills, finishing up the rack to store and display Gloria's collection of thimbles, which I augmented during my travels.  He's not interested in helping me finish that project.

I have met another friend, had yet another church, who is interested in fixing and repairing things.  I have told him the sad story of my of the Roomba breaking the female character figurine, and my desire to glue the broken pieces back together.  A desire which is stalled because, of course, I have absolutely no manual dexterity, or skills with repairing much of anything.  He is not interested in helping me repair the figurine.

Friends help you move.  Real friends help you move *bodies*.

No comments:

Post a Comment