Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Sore leg and clocks, again ...

My leg has been sore, ever since I helped out at the Salvation Army, moving fridges, and then a filing cabinet, yesterday.  I rested it for a while yesterday afternoon, and someone drove me to grief group last night, so that I wasn't walking on my sore leg.  But the rest yesterday afternoon was a bit broken up, and I did have to walk back from grief group.  I was hoping that the rest overnight, would is the pain a bit, but it was still sore this morning when I went out for the pastor's breakfast.  And then walking over to Johnson it was still sore.  It has eased off a bit during the walk, but then gotten a bit sore again.  But at least the fact that it eased off at one point does seem to indicate that it isn't anything serious.  We'll see how it goes as I'm walking up to the Bible study at First Baptist.  If anybody offers me a ride today I'll probably take it.  And I will definitely try and rest this afternoon, and have a hot soak in a tub this afternoon.

***

So, *that* was three weeks ago, as well.  And my leg stayed sore, and even started to swell and get warm and red (inflamed) for about two weeks after it.  But it did, eventually, settle down, and seems to be back to normal.


And I'm not quite sure what it is with Gloria's old clocks, but the only piece of the Royal Albert Petitpoint china that I kept was the clock.  And, like Gloria's sewing room clock before it, *that* clock has now decided not to run as well.  (At the moment I'm just keeping and displaying it in the china cabinet, but all those clocks have the same clock mechanism, so it must be possible for someone who isn't as hardware-challenged as I am to replace the mechanism ...)

No comments:

Post a Comment