Tuesday, December 13, 2022

My tree

Well, it's not really my tree.  It's the tree at the hospice.

A few weeks back, we had a decorating event at the hospice.  A bunch of the volunteers helped put up some decorations for Christmas.  For some reason, everybody decided to put up other decorations around the place, and nobody worked on the tree.

I've never been big on Christmas.  And it was always Gloria who did the tree.  She only asked me to do that lights.  (That was bad enough.  I mean, 600 mini-lights?  And, when a string goes out, testing all of them?)

But, she would often talk about why she did what she did in terms of building and designing the tree, and, over thirty-five years, I guess I picked up a tip or two.  So I started to put the tree together.  And everybody was off doing their thing (or things).  And I kept going.  And, basically, did the tree.


It's not a patch on Gloria's, of course.  But, apparently, I did get a few things right, because some people have said it looks nice ...

No comments:

Post a Comment