Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Anderson

Walking around town, I have discovered a few interesting things.  For example, some of the streets seem to have been originally designed to be much more important than they seem to be at present.  Maitland, and Morton, are, for example, broad thoroughfares that run unimpeded for some considerable distance through the town, but don't seem to have any businesses on them, or even any business districts associated with them.  Anderson runs a considerable distance, again, with nothing particularly important on it.  Anderson seems to have been laid out and planned, but is also interrupted by the high school, Roger Creek, and Dry Creek.  It also seems to have been laid out before someone laid out the numbered avenues, but whoever laid out the numbered avenues paid no attention to Anderson.  The two are just ever so slightly skewed.  Which makes for an interestingly narrow gap, at times, between Anderson and 12th Avenue.

I will have to learn the First Nation's name for Dry Creek.  First off, it seems it would be impolite not to.  But I may adopt it as a password.  It seems to contain a capital letter (not placed at the beginning of the word), at least three apostrophes, a number, and, as far as I can tell, a Simpsons character.

(Yup, another "leftover" post.  When I wrote it, I was at the library, checking the hours, since I couldn't do that online.  They have a good strong wifi signal outside the building.  They are closed on Sundays.  I had meant to bring back a DVD movie that I have finished, but, of course, I forgot to actually bring it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment