Saturday, December 17, 2022

Coffee (again)

I'm possibly becoming hooked on coffee.  Which is rather strange.  Possibly it's because of the ridiculous diet, and the fact that, even with all the sugar I put in it, a cup of coffee is still less calories than a sandwich, or a donut, or a pastry, or some other treat.  It also tends to last longer, in terms of how long it takes to consume it.  And, these days, it's nice to have something warm to hold in your hand while walking around in the freezing cold.

I'm also, at the same time, exploring other hot drinks.  There is the old standby of hot chocolate (to which I tend to add peppermint flavour, or buy the mix with the mint in it).  There is also Russian tea, which I started to drink in my university days, when it was popular.  It is not, of course, true Russian tea: it is simply iced tea mix made up with hot water.  It makes a nice, sweet, hot drink.  I'm trying out different varieties of iced tea mix, to see which ones are acceptable in this format.

I'm thinking, putting these together, that I should possibly cut back on the coffee, and start concentrating on ways to carry either the iced tea mix, or hot chocolate mix, in some kind of resealable container, since I already carry around an insulated travel mug with me, and all I would have to do is find a source of hot water.

No comments:

Post a Comment