Thursday, December 15, 2022

Cheating on Gloria

I was all set to sleep with Gloria last night, but the weather forecast was indicating that it wasn't going to be *quite* as cold as they had indicated earlier, so I decided to sleep with Helen.  I'll sleep with Gloria again later: even Environment Canada is predicting that it's going to go down to minus five this week, and the Weather Channel is saying minus eight.

Yeah, I know what you're all thinking.  Rob finally *has* cracked: we knew all along he couldn't be handling his grief as well as he was pretending.

No, it's just code.

Gloria loved all forms of sewing, embroidery, and quilting.  When we got married, she was working on a log cabin quilt.  She worked on it for years, on and off, and had pieced the top, but hadn't yet finished the border and the quilting when she died.

After she died I looked for the pieced top, to get it finished.  I couldn't find it.  I couldn't find it, because the girls had stolen it, and got it finished.  Which was awfully kind of them.

(And presented it to me on greatgrandson's first birthday, so I ended the day in absolute tears.  Little stinkers.)

I don't have it on the bed all the time, although it was, of course, made for our bed. 


I don't want to wear it out; I want it to last as long as possible.  I store it in a drawer (by itself) in the armoir by the bed.  And it's full-sized, and solid, and wonderfully warm when the nights are cold.  (And gorgeous.)

But then I won Helen.  And, although it's great, it's slightly thinner, and smaller. 


So it's perfect on nights when the temperature, outside, is hovering around freezing, or a degree or two below, and it's just a *bit* too cold to be under the duvet alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment