Monday, December 26, 2022

Happy St. Stephen's Day

Friday we had a small dump, small enough that most people didn't think it worth clearing, so that meant that it froze over Saturday and the sidewalks became treacherous.  The roads weren't too bad, except that I had to be way out on them, and some of the drivers weren't too pleased.  Went to do the sound board for Christmas Eve, and nobody told me (until I got there to the sign on the door) that they'd cancelled it.  Did the sound board Christmas Day, and I'm free of *that* church.  Probably for some considerable time.

Unpromising start to Christmas Day: it had started raining Saturday, but the snow hadn't disappeared as much as I'd hoped, and Sunday morning the same.  (G2 called while I was shoveling the walk for the church  :-)  However, I got Christmas dinner underway for the girls, and that went well (except that my back was really sore, and I kept having to rest in The Chair).  Then the girls came, and then R and A brought the greatgrandson  over.  He had been overstimulated by all the visiting, but I started up the Roomba for him, and that, while it didn't enthrall him for the whole time, still seemed to be enough of a distraction that he managed pretty well for far longer than any of us thought likely.  R had gotten him a t-shirt saying "Promoted to Big Brother," and also blew the gaff on the news that S and D are expecting, so, by August, I may have tripled my supply of greatgrandchildren  :-)  After they left, dinner was late, but good.  (Based on something I'd seen in an ad, I had added yams topped with a mix of cheese, bacon, and green onion, and that was a hit.)

Heavy winds and rain started up just before 5 AM and woke me up.  However, I did manage to get back to sleep, and got more than eight hours in total, for the first time in a long while.  It rained heavily all night, and has taken away an awful lot of the snow, so, after I've taken care of various tasks, I may get out for a walk, and do some shopping before the rains start up again, as promised, about 3 PM.  (Shopping on Boxing day.  Huh.  I wonder if anyone else will be out ...)  The rain has just stopped, and, a few minutes ago, it even looked like the clouds might break, so maybe I'll walk sooner, and do the computer tasks later.

(Can't quite make out the rainbow.  *Definitely* got to get a better camera ...)



No comments:

Post a Comment