Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Merry Generic Mid-Winter (in a northern-hemispheric-centrist kind of way) Solstice Party Period


OK, it's definitely "ad supported" (and the first three that I saw were, ironically, ads for ad blockers), and the first "carol" that I heard was "Cantique de Noel/O Holy Night" at about twenty minutes in.  (The second song on the list seems to be "Last Christmas," for which I have a new appreciation having seen the later movie.  If you haven't seen it, I won't spoil it, but I'd say see it: it's not quite as stupid as it initially appears.)  You can put it in a window in the background and get about twelve hours of "easy listening."

But what I meant to find for you was "Green Chri$tma$," by Stan Freberg: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5IXlfJSEi4  Less than seven minutes long, and still a classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment