Monday, January 31, 2022

Shared hurt

 I went because we enjoyed spending time with them, and he is now a widower like me.  She died in the same hospital at about the same time as Gloria.  Also, Gloria would have wanted to go to to her service, so partly it was in Gloria's honour.

It was a nice service, and pointed out a couple of things that will help in the planning that I'm doing for Gloria's service.

I was there early, and spoke to their son for a while before things got started.  After the service, I was delayed a while talking to other people, who will also want to be at Gloria's service, and so was among the last to leave.  I ran into their son again in the parking lot, and he was talking a bit more about his Mum's time in hospital, and expressed some bitterness about the problems and discomforts that his Mum, and his Dad, had faced in the hospital.  So, in return, I told him about some of the problems we had faced with Gloria's stay in the hospital.  It wasn't anybody's fault (unless it was CoVID's fault, for putting extra strain on the system), but it made the situation that much harder.

He said that me telling him that helped; to know they were not alone, that they were not the only ones who had difficulties.

Him saying that helps me, that our hurt helped him, and possibly others.

(Is that part of why I'm writing this?)

No comments:

Post a Comment