Thursday, January 27, 2022

Anti-anti

 There is a big banner across the bumper of one of the trucks in the "Freedom Convoy" that says it all: NO MORE MANDATES!

These protests are not *for* anything, they are just against anyone having any right to tell anyone what to do.  They are saying that the government (or police, or authorities or doctors or anyone who knows more than I do because they have been researching, studying, or even paying attention while I'm out down at the pub) should make no more mandates.  For anyone.  About anything.  I have my rights!  I have my freedoms!  Nobody can tell me what to do about anything!

(The fact that you only have rights and freedoms because a lot of people put aside their own rights, freedoms, and privileges to work for yours doesn't even occur to them.)

Sorry, this is not a new idea.  I strongly suspect that the reason most people don't believe in God these days is because they don't want anyone (including God) to have any excuse to tell them what to do.  This is not advanced, mature thinking.  This is kiddie stuff.  "You aren't the boss of me!"

The fact that the convoy organizers can't get the money put up on GoFundMe should not surprise anyone.  GoFundMe wants to know what is going to be done with the money.  The organizers don't want anyone telling them what they can do with the money.  Including themselves.

There are so many of these lame protests these days that I'm very tempted to start protesting protesters  If that sounds very meta, too bad.  You can't tell me what not to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment