Thursday, January 27, 2022

Accounting for change

 Right, I'm biting the bullet, and doing the December accounts.

This was, of course, the last month Gloria was alive.  It's also the weeks that she was in hospital.  Even just laying out the slips, I can see the meals I had in the hospital cafeteria, the junk food I was grabbing while running back and forth the the hospital, the extra gas I was buying when I started running back and forth to Delta, and the first signs of all the changes; to rent, to phone service, to different grocery stores, to a new pharmacy; occasioned by the move.  (I'll also have to keep an eye out for the Walmart MasterCard that probably shows up for the first time late in this month.)

(All the changes to accounts that the bank did probably don't show up until January, but I'll have to watch for them, too.)

After I've done this, I'll probably go through January, too, before I start on the taxes.  That'll be a whole new set of changes to the accounts.

Of course, maybe I'm doing this blog to avoid doing the accounts themselves.

As late as December 12th I was still buying things specifically because Gloria would want them ...

December 17th K&L and I were eating Subway takeout in the solarium on deathwatch ...

No comments:

Post a Comment