Saturday, April 9, 2022

Sundays are the worst

I'm starting, barely starting, to get some schedule back in my schedule.  My *days* are pretty free-form, but I'm starting to get some appointments, and even have a couple of weekly events on my calendar these days.

But Sundays are the worst, for sitting around staring at the blank walls.

Partly I suppose it may be because I'm still doing "digital detox" on Sundays, and I don't do email in the morning.  (I guess the email is a bit of schedule, although now I tend to do it at 5 AM rather than the 10 AM that I used to.  And there's generally less of it.)  But I also go to church on Sunday morning, so that's a bit of weekly schedule.  But, in a sense, that merely sets up the fact that, for the rest of the day, I have nothing to do.

I do fill the nothing, of course.  I did the final work on the taxes on a Sunday, and various gardening tasks.  But mostly there is nothing to do, and nobody to see, and Sunday is a pretty glum prospect.  I often watch a couple of movies (at high speed).  As the weather improves, I may go for longer walks on Sunday, but, right now with the cold and rain, it's not a great prospect.

No comments:

Post a Comment