Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Immediate

"We must get together some time!"

How about now?  Does now work for you?

When you suffer a loss, plans and schedules go out the window.  To some extent this is only natural: a lot of your plans involved whoever you have lost.  But a lot of this seems to be a part of grief.  I imagine the grief industry would hypothesize that your loss makes you unwilling to plan because the loss makes you insecure about what is going to happen in the future.  Possibly that is the case.  All I know is that it's been *really* hard to make *any* kind of schedule, and I have to make concerted and conscious efforts (and it is an effort) to enter *everything* into the calendar (including supposedly normal and common things like paying the rent), and then check the calendar regularly.  Having failed to remember several things, I've now become a bit paranoid, and tend to check the calendar multiple times per day.

If I remember to.

Everything becomes very immediate.  If it isn't immediate, it's hard to remember.  If you want to make an appointment with me for two weeks later, you'd better follow-up and make sure that I've entered it in the calendar.  And then you'd better check, closer to the date, to make sure that I remember that I have an appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment