Thursday, April 28, 2022

CoVID possibility(?)

Very late yesterday, I got an email from my little brother, informing me that he, and his wife, tested positive for CoVID.  I last saw my little brother fourteen days ago.  I don't have any of the common signs or symptoms of CoVID.  No cough, no fever, and I still smell and taste things just fine.  I have not been tested: these days I have no idea if I even qualify to *get* tested.  I assume I am on the extreme outside edge of the possibility of infection or contagion, and I'm not even sure if "14 days" is still the recommended quarantine time.

As blind, random chance, and my generally non-existent social life, would have it, *yesterday* I had grief group, a monthly lunch group, and an informal, bi-weekly coffee time with the tenants here.  *Today* I have Old Guys Coffee Morning and a Bible study at my emergency backup church.  (I have already sent a warning, and a query as to whether they [both groups] want me to stay away.)  I have warned the groups I was with yesterday.  I have sent a query to the pharmacy as to whether I yet qualify for "rapid" CoVID tests.  (I haven't yet started to research whether there is any possibility of getting tested any other way.)  I have sent a warning to a friend I had lunch with just after I saw my little brother, and Number Two Step-Daughter and Number One Grandson, with whom I had dinner a few days ago.  And a warning to my main church, where I served coffee at Easter service just after I last saw my little brother, and subsequently taught a Sunday School class for the whole Sunday School ...

(Yesterday I also had a practice session with BSidesVancouver, but that was over Hopin, so I doubt there was any risk, there.  If I *do*, by some extreme chance, get CoVID, and have to miss CanSecWest, after I get better I will drive to Ontario and kill my little brother ...)

No comments:

Post a Comment