Friday, April 29, 2022

Jeans

Speaking of giving things new life, the girls have been commenting on my jeans.  OK, I'll admit that they may look odd.  The last jeans I got, some years back, now, were a 52 inch waist.  I've lost about sixty pounds, almost all of it in the last six months.  I'm cinching my belt in, *and* taking in little folds at the sides of the jeans.  So, yeah, they look a bit odd.  But then, as Gloria noted, my fashion statement (everyone *does* have a fashion statement) is "Hey, I got dressed, didn't I?"

So, I was out walking today, and found myself in the area of the thrift store.  So I stopped in to see if they had anything in my size.  (Last time I looked, I don't think they had anything over a 42.)  This time they had a bit more stock in the larger end, even up to a 48.  I tried a 44, but it was a bit snug, but I got a 46 that seemed OK.  It's black, and flannel lined.  I'm not sure how hot it'll be in the summer, but maybe I will have dropped some more by the time the weather finally turns hot.  Or I can still just use the jeans I've got, if it gets too hot, too soon.

(I am also *definitely* going to wash those jeans, using the "organic" cycle that uses very hot water, and with borax in it, before I wear them.)

I was going to walk down to Scottsdale, where there is a place that does alterations and hemming.  But the forecast was pretty iffy, and the sky was looking weird in that direction, so I just walked home, and then drove to the mall.  (In the end, I would have been able to make it to Scottsdale, but then would have gotten completely soaked on the way home.)

What with the lining, the hemming was more expensive.  I ended up paying more for the hemming than I actually paid for the jeans!  However, even with that being the case, I paid less for the jeans, in total, than I would have paid at retail prices ...

No comments:

Post a Comment