Saturday, April 30, 2022

Death to squirrels

THE @^x# SQUIRRELS HAVE PULLED UP EVERY SINGLE ONE ON THE CORN SHOOTS!!!!

Wretched rodents.  They didn't eat them, of course, just destroyed them.  (Well, what do you expect from a bunch of American invaders?)

I may head to Walmart to get peanuts and cyanide.  (Or maybe I should start researching a form of myxomatosis for grey squirrels.  See how cute people think you are with tumours hanging off your face and legs.)

Then again, the cyanide may be for me.

I suppose it wouldn't be so bad, except that it's so representative of everything that is happening right now.  Took Gloria to the doctor to get her better.  Fail.  Garden.  Fail.  Find new volunteer work.  Fail.  Get a new church.  Fail.  Find new remunerated work.  Fail.   Get cheap pants.  Fail.  Find new teaching opportunities.  Fail.  Start the Grief Guys project.  Fail.  Build a new social network.  Fail.

So, is this an indication that I should give up gardening?  Or an indication that I should just give up?

No comments:

Post a Comment