Thursday, March 17, 2022

Noise and music?

Before Gloria and I got married, my apartment was so lonely I would sometimes play the radio all night (very softly) just so the silence wasn't oppressive.  Gloria had (interestingly, for someone interested in music) no interest in background music, so she didn't like having the radio, or records, or anything else playing in the background.  (The single exception was "Crimmus Music," which was the term the girls gave to one particular Christmas album, bought almost by accident, which became the "theme music" for Christmas decoration time, and was played over and over again while Christmas decorating went on.)  So, while we were married, there was never any background music.

After Gloria died, I figured that having some music in the background would help alleviate the loneliness.  I have a directory on my computer that has a large number of songs on it.  I had to find something that would play them (most are so old that they are .WAV files), and set it up to go randomly through my makeshift "playlist."

It quickly became annoying.

So, apparently I'm no longer interested in background music, reading, or watching movies.

I'd better develop some new hobbies.  Stat.

No comments:

Post a Comment