Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Blossoms

I didn't notice that the branches were budding, as they must have been for at least a week.

I didn't notice, even though I had walked past earlier yesterday morning, on my way to the library.  It's amazing how much we don't see, when we aren't looking.  (And it's amazing, how much we don't look up.  I once told Gloria that, if you were hiding in a forest, hide in a tree.  Even if you are in plain sight, people probably won't look up, and probably won't see you.  After that, Gloria looked up into the trees, whenever we were in the woods.)  I even passed that way at the beginning of my longer walk, and didn't notice.

But, later that afternoon, when I was on my way back from my walk, it was, briefly, sunny.  And I looked up.  And the trees, by one of the strip malls up at the library intersection, were all in blossom.  From the bark patterns, I think they are cherry, rather than apple, and ornamental, rather than producing.  But they are all pink.  And pink was always Gloria's favourite colour.

So then I was crying, and pretty teary for about halfway back to home.

No comments:

Post a Comment