Thursday, March 3, 2022

Addicted to walking?

I've been stressed about the services.  I didn't realize how stressed, until after they were over.  I didn't realize the *ways* I was stressed out, until a couple of days after the services were over.

On Monday night, I got close to ten hours sleep, which is the first time in I don't know how long.  I mean, I can count the number of times I've gotten even *eight* hours of sleep in a night, in the past four months, on the fingers of one hand.  (Obviously, the sleep problems aren't quite over yet: I've had three hours of sleep tonight, and I'm trying to see if writing some of this out will let me get back and get a few more hours of sleep before dawn.)  There were two results from this.  I felt more rested than I have felt in a long time.  And, as a result of getting to work at 7 AM rather than 3 AM, I was behind all day.

So, at about 2 PM I said nuts to this, I'm going for a long walk.  (And, of course, it took me until 3 PM to get out of the house.)  And I went for a six mile walk.  And I felt much better, even just starting out.

I'm walking for my health, of course.  I've been under doctor's orders to get more exercise for the past two or three years.  And walking is about the only way I can do it.  I'm walking more now.  And I'm using the walking for stress relief, and grief relief, as well.  Pretty good, getting two or three benefits from the same activity.

But I'm starting to wonder: am I getting addicted to walking?

No comments:

Post a Comment