Friday, March 25, 2022

Moving house(s)

 A couple of days ago I saw a whole slew of temporary "No Parking" signs being put up along the street.  So I asked the guy with the sledge hammer, and he said they were moving two houses, putting them on barges, and sending one to Vancouver (I think) and the other to Victoria.

So, tonight I followed along the string of no parking signs until I found:


You ever see them actually move a house?



One guy obviously thought they were kidding about the "No Parking."  He'd actually pulled up the No Parking sign beside where he parked.







At one point they had to sit and wait for the other house, which had to go first.





Walking to the overpass to get these shots, I passed a group of teens and told them what was going on.  They stayed glued to their phones and missed the whole thing.


You ever see them move *two* houses at once?



1 comment:

  1. The karma in me wants to know what happened to the BMW (of course it's a BMW) whose owner parked it for what he (or she) must have thought was the best seat for the house moving (the only other explanation is that BMW owners think they own the road and signs don't apply to them - and that can't be correct. Right?).

    ReplyDelete