Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Anniversaries

Today is Gloria's birthday. The girls asked me, last week, if this was going to be a trigger. It is nice of them to be concerned, but it isn't really an issue for me. 

Birthdays and anniversaries generally aren't on my radar. I have as much trouble with them as with names. I made a very conscious and concerted effort to remember Gloria's birthday and our anniversary while we were married, because I knew that anniversary dates were important to Gloria. (All except for her own birthday, which tended to get lumped in with Number Two Grandson and myself. ) But, on my own, they just aren't an issue. 

I'm out for lunch today with some friends of ours, two of whom share Gloria's birthday. It's on the North Shore, so I swung by the cemetery on the way, but that's more because I'm on the North Shore than because it's her birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment