Saturday, August 27, 2022

Whatsoever things are ... available?

A while back, I was concerned about what choices I should make, in terms of concentration of effort.  And got hit with a bit of a zinger.  So, I figured that I should concentrate on the church areas.

So, I have been.  I'm not just attending, but actively involved with, four churches right now.  Helping with community dinners, helping with getting computers revived, cleanup days, whatever is going on.

The thing is, not much (except the community dinners) is going on right now.  (I finally figured out that one particular church, in terms of the balance of liturgy and informality [and weekly communion, which seems to be oddly important to me right now], was, if not perfect, at least the most comforting to me, in my current damaged state.  So, I decided that I'd concentrate on attending services there.  And then the pastor got CoVID, and then went on holiday, and their services are suddenly, basically, video replays.  Scratch that.)

So, I find that I am back to mostly doing infosec stuff.  Mostly research.  I've got a couple of presentations coming up, and I'm working on an article/research project on psychological factors in the Metaverse that someone asked me to do, and I'm working on either a huge article or a book on the dangers of decentralized finance and all things related to cryptocurrencies.

Am I doing the right thing?  Or am I being dragged back into the mire?

No comments:

Post a Comment