Monday, August 29, 2022

Squirrel buzz

So, I was walking up to Deltassist to do the watering, and finishing up the last leg of the trip, when there was this *enormously* loud buzzing sound.  Looking up ahead I could see something falling off or beside one of the telephone poles ahead.  It was a telephone pole that had three of the trash can type transformers on it, so initially I thought that possibly one of them had exploded, and I was wondering if the other two were going to go as well.  However, as I got closer I noticed that what had fallen was a squirrel.  Obviously it has done the jumping from wire to wire thing and gotten well and thoroughly fried.

It was quite the topic of conversation at the New Hope community dinner that night.  A lot of people in the neighborhood had heard it, and wondered what the heck it was.  It was loud enough to wake most people up.  Also, a number of them lost power briefly, although apparently the transformers worked and kicked back in within about 10 minutes.

So, after all that I have said about squirrels causing data loss, I have actually seen an instance of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment