Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Musings while walking around checking what's open at 4:00 a.m.

I woke up at 1:30 a.m.  After half an hour it became obvious that I wasn't going to get any more sleep tonight.  So I got up and did a bit of work, and then headed out for a walk.  I didn't go over to Queensborough this time, because there are long stretches on that route where you are not within easy reach of a washroom.  These considerations become more important as you get older.

So I decided to walk around the business areas nearby, and see what was open.  It used to be that Tim Hortons was fairly reliable in terms of 24-hour access.  That's no longer the case in all situations, but it is good to know that a number of them are available all night.

The McDonald's at 86th doesn't post hours on their doors.  The drive through appears to be open 24 hours, but the lobby apparently isn't.  I don't know for sure when they're supposed to open, but the door was, in fact, open so I went in.  The staff person told me that they weren't open and when I asked when they were, replied in ten minutes.  That didn't make an awful lot of sense: it would have been 4:20 at that point.  So, McDonald's is open whenever they feel like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment