Saturday, August 13, 2022

Early morning routine walks

One inconvenient thing about going for walks early in the morning: they throw off my morning routine.

Well, yes, I'm sure that anything like that throws off a morning routine.  But my routines are possibly a bit more consequential than most.  I rely on my routines for getting important things done.  Important things, but not necessarily interesting things.  Such as, for example, my medications.  I don't like to think about them all that much, so I don't exactly plan them out, or consider what I am to take.  I just take the regular pills, at the set times.  That's the routine.

So, when, for example, I wake up at 1:00 in the morning, try to get back to sleep, and eventually give it up as a bad job and get up and go for a walk, leaving the house at 3:00 a.m., I don't always remember to take my medication.  Because I've skipped the rest of the morning routine.  And when I come back it's no longer morning routine, so I don't do the morning routine, so the medications might get completely missed.  Which probably wouldn't be good for my health.

So, yeah, my routines are somewhat important.  And I'll have to think of ways to remember the important bits, when I throw off my morning routine by going for an early morning walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment