Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Mailboxes

Okay, I was given an evaluation form to fill out.  A self-addressed, stamped envelope was provided, so all I had to do was fill out the form, stick it in the envelope, and pop it in the mail.  Simple.  She offered to send me an email with a link to the evaluation form, but I said that she didn't need to bother.  Filling out a form with simple enough.

I should have taken her up on it.

The form was every bit as easy to fill out as I had thought.  So, I filled it out.  But then I had to find a mailbox.  Where is there a mailbox around here?

We have incoming mailboxes in the apartment building.  But there's no slot for outbound mail.  There is a post office up at the Pharmasave, but this happened to be early on a Sunday morning, and it's not open early, particularly on a Sunday.

So, I headed off to early church, figuring that I had to pass a mailbox somewhere between my place and the church.

Well, if there is one, I didn't find it.  Not even in front of the postal depot.  The Pharmasave doesn't have a mailbox outside.  You have to wait until it opens and then you can use the dropbox inside.

So, I figured that I would walk down to Trinity, which, at this point, was the farthest other church away.  I figured I could just barely get there in time for their 10:00 service.  So I started walking.  And walking.  And looking for mailboxes.  And walking.

I did, finally, find a mailbox.  One block before I got to Trinity.  By which point I had walked up and down and criss-crossed seven and a half kilometres of Delta streets.  Without finding a mailbox.

Subsequently, I checked a standing series of mailboxes for houses, which I suspected had a dropbox for outgoing mail, and it did.  It's two blocks away from the apartment.  And I checked out what one old dear had told me at Trinity, to the effect that there was one at 116th and 84th.  Yep, it's there.  The old dear is not gaga.  It's eight blocks away.

What is happening to the mail system?

No comments:

Post a Comment