Thursday, November 17, 2022

Writing

Although it may seem unlikely, for anyone who is actually reading the blog (all two of you), I am feeling that I am falling behind in my writing.  I have various ideas that I would like to pursue, and I haven't been able to do it so far.  I need to spend some time going back through some of my old email, and finding reminders that I've sent myself, to dictate out as fully fleshed pieces.  I also need to go back and get some of the structure for my memoirs, and other serious writing pieces, particularly the major article/series on the Metaverse.  I need to finish off the series on decentralized finance, for which I've got another two months worth of material pretty much fully dictated, but I haven't yet dictated the final section.  So, I need to do some prep work, and then send myself emails, which I can use as reminders, to do some dictating, possibly while I'm walking.

Although dictating while walking could be problematic, because it is bloody cold these days!  It's really cold, cold enough that I'm not thrilled that the idea of holding the phone in my hands so that I can dictate, while I am walking.  I have been able to figure out a way to bundle up warmly enough while I'm walking, but holding a phone in my bare hand means that my bare hand is going to get really freezing.  I am carrying around some mittens with me, and that may help.  But there's also the fact that, as I am bundling, and layering, up for a walk, I have to remember to put my glasses on at some point, so that I can see what I'm dictating, and see when Gboard stops accepting dictation.  I also may need to get plastic, rather than metal, framed glasses, so that the frames don't suck heat away from my face.

Then again, it's forecast to start raining soon, so that *may* mean the temperature moderates a bit, but it also means juggling an umbrella, as well as the phone ...

2 comments:

  1. You've probably already thought of this (and may have dismissed it as unworkable) but perhaps ear buds with an included microphone plugged into your cell phone might be a solution (or maybe not).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Partly solves one problem, but you still have to hold the phone so you can look at the screen and see when Gboard rolls over and dies ...

      Delete