Friday, November 4, 2022

Koodo

 It was an act of purest optimism to have assumed it was over in the first place.

First of all, I’ve been fighting with Telus and Koodo over this for a month and a half.

I’m trying to get my Gloria’s phone number ported over to a cell phone, since Telus won’t let me move it to my new home.  (Oh, thanks awfully, Telus.  Way to support a grieving widower.)

So, after many phone calls with Telus, Telus support, Telus escalation management team, and Koodo sales and Koodo so-called “support,” over many days, and Koodo sending me to a Koodo store to get a new SIM card to replace the one they said they sent me and never did, Koodo *FINALLY* got the number ported over to a cell phone.  (Yes, an existing cell phone that I had with another service.)  (That happened piecemeal over three days.)

So, *ONE DAY* after they finally get it working, the phone is suddenly saying “Unregistered SIM”!!!

Yes, I rebooted the phone.  (No, I didn’t just restart it, I powered it down, pulled the battery, and started it up again.)  No luck.

Yes, I pulled and reseated the SIM card.  Doesn’t help.

So, I go to the Koodo help pages.  They don’t help.  They try to send me to interactive tutorials for my phone, except they don’t list my phone.

So, I go to the Koodo Assist Digital Rep.  This AI is even more brain-dead than the one at Shaw.  It keeps asking questions, and presenting help pages that don’t relate and don’t help until you tell it “stupid ai,” at which point it will *finally* offer to connect you with an agent for a callback.  At which point it asks you to describe the problem, and if you mention *anything* it thinks it has in it’s peurile database, it will terminate the setup for a callback, and start presenting useless “help” pages again!  (Oh, and how am I supposed to get a callback, when your phone service doesn’t work because it says “Unregistered SIM”?!?)

Do not annoy grieving widowers. They are already mad at the world, and now have lots of time, and no restraining influences to prevent them from publishing the most detailed and damaging reviews of your non-service.

No comments:

Post a Comment