Sunday, November 20, 2022

Beauty, gratitude, and grief

It's a beautiful day, this morning. There is cloud, quite a bit of it, but with lots of breaks, and it counts as a sunny day, in West Coast terms.

So, I was thanking God for the beautiful day, for a walk (even if cold ) in beauty, and then thanking God generally for the existence of beauty, and then, all of a sudden, I was absolutely weeping, walking down the sidewalk.

Grief is weird.

(And then, during the service, I had another grief burst during a hymn, even though it wasn't a hymn that I knew.  It was talking about helping each other during grief.  So I had to abandon the sound board for a bit.  Fortunately, when you are on the sound board, you are at the back of the church, and nobody can see you weeping, or having to leave to get a kleenex and blow your nose ...)

(It's funny how having a grief burst makes it more likely you'll have another ...)

No comments:

Post a Comment