Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Telus

Well, I've just got off my fifth call with Telus on what should be a simple move.  I'm moving.  I would like to continue to use Telus at my new address.  One would think that Telus would be interested in facilitating this.  One would be wrong.

So, the first call, the rep promised that Telus would call me back in a couple of days.  Never happened.  So, I called again.  This time, the rep said I would be called back within hours.  Never happened.

So I called again.  This time they made an appointment for a tech to come out.  That was supposed to happen today.  The person who was to be at the new place called and said nobody ever showed up.

So, another call to Telus.  This time, the rep couldn't find the appointment that had been made last time, and seemed to think it was a new request.  She couldn't seem to see that this has been going on for weeks.  So she made another appointment, and said it would be confirmed by email.

No email ever arrived.

So yet another call, with no resolution yet.

There are *some* vaguely promising signs.  I finally (several hours later) got the confirmation email from Telus about the tech's visit in a week.  However, the email gave the contact number, for the tech to contact me in the new location, as the existing landline number here in Delta.  That's not going to do the tech much good since a) even though I've had the number for thirty-five years (and Gloria had it for longer than that, and I *really* wanted to keep it because of that) and Telus let me keep it when I moved to Delta, they won't let me keep it in the move to Port Alberni, b) the landline at the new location (whatever the number) won't be installed before the tech gets here, and c) it won't work for the tech to call the uninhabited apartment in Delta when he wants to get access to the place in Port Alberni.  On the other hand, the PDF of the detailed order that was attached to the confirmation email *did* have my correct cell phone number, so which one was the tech going to call?  So that generated a *sixth* call to Telus.  (The rep said he'd send a message to the tech.  You will forgive me if I lack confidence in Telus' ability to get this communication straight at this point ...)

I will, shortly, be knocking down the computer and packing it up to take over to the Island.  So, when I go dark, I won't be back up for at least a week.  (And, if Telus keeps messing up, possibly significantly longer ...)

Maybe I should just give up on Telus, since it's not a great recommendation for a telco, when they can't even communicate with their customers ...

No comments:

Post a Comment