Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Last night in Delta

Where is my mug?

I mean, it's a big mug.  It's a pint beer mug.  I like a big glass of juice, or Diet Coke, when I'm working, so that I don't have to refill it as often.  So, this is my favorite mug.  And I can't find it.

I had it last night.  I know I had it just before I went to bed.  I can't find it.  It's not with the other stuff that's draining and drying, where I remember leaving it, after I rinsed it, when I finished last night.  It's not in the office on the desk where I normally have it, while I'm working, but I can't work there anymore because the computer is all packed up, so there's nothing to work at at the desk.  It's not beside the chair in front of the TV, where it sometimes is while I'm watching TV or DVDs.  It's not in the bathroom where I occasionally take it to take my pills with the last dregs of the drink.  Where is my mug?

Oh.  Finally remembered.  It's in the fridge.  With the last bit of juice out of a bottle that I figured that I should empty and deal with last night.

I suppose there is the fact that I haven't had much more than four hours sleep per night for something like the last month.  And last night, for whatever reason, and even though I abstained from caffeinated drinks after noon, and had a bath, and then watched a recorded TV show, in order to calm and prepare for bed on my last night, I couldn't get to sleep.  And then when I finally got to sleep I woke up after only two or three hours.  So, after a long period of sleep deprivation, I've had a very short sleep, and now I'm facing Moving Day.  I'm already frazzled.  Yesterday, packing some stuff in the car, I couldn't find my keys.  Couldn't remember where I had left them.  They were, of course, in the pocket where I always keep them.  Then, having put the car away in the parkade in the basement, I got into the elevator, and couldn't go anywhere, because I couldn't figure out which button to press.  My cognitive functions are that far impaired.

I was awake by about 1:00 AM.  I tried to stay in bed, and tried to get back to sleep, but nothing seemed to work, and I finally got up about 2:30.  So, I stripped the bed, bundled the pillows and duvet into one bag, bundled the sheets and some towels into another bag for washing, when I get to Port Alberni, and I've unplugged the DVD player from the TV and packed it.  I don't want to pack the Telus networking gear quite yet, because (and this is possibly another reason why I couldn't sleep last night), last thing last night I got word that my little brother is very sick while traveling on business in Southeast Asia.  I had a message from his wife (which was very weirdly formatted with colored backgrounds, and text that overlaid itself in parts, so I'm not sure that I've got the whole message and all the details) and I replied, trying to give some idea of my current situation, and the fact that I may not be able to respond to any messages from them over the next week or so, because Telus keeps on messing up the arrangements for this move and I won't have Internet access for at least another week, but I'd like to know if she's going to send another message and if there's any further details.  Their flight home is supposed to be either today or tomorrow.  So it's a bit of a concern.

Partly because of the communications problems, I've got both phones on the go.  But the one that I use more has the lower battery so that's also a bit of a concern.

L is going to get here by 7:30.  That's still another three hours away.  Just about everything is packed away, but I don't want to pack the Telus gear, as noted, until the last minute.  I also don't want to pack the freezer stuff until the last minute, for fairly obvious reasons.  So there are various things that need to be packed at the last minute.  And therefore, there are still a few open boxes for last minute packing.  And some of the last minute packing has to go in my car anyway.  I'm already mentally arranging and rearranging the various things that have to go in to the car.  This process is not aided by my current cognitive impairment.  Since I've got a few hours, maybe I'll just watch a TV show before I pack up the TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment