Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Smoke gets in your eyes ...

 I didn't notice the smoke when I got up.  I'd done a bunch of work before I headed off, and it wasn't until I was outside that I noticed the haze in the air, and the smell of the smoke.  Apparently the fires in eastern Washington State had sent smoke down all the way to Puget Sound, and it combined with smoke from the wildfires in the interior, and a fire near Hope, as well as a building burning on the Fraser.

It cleared, for a while, while we were doing cleanup day.  But then it got really thick towards the evening.  Which was rather ironic, because it was the Luminary Festival.

It was reasonably clear while we were doing gardening day, but at times the light has that weird reddish colour that it gets coming through haze, and every once in a while you can taste the air ...

No comments:

Post a Comment