Saturday, September 24, 2022

Arthritis

I'm getting old.  I have arthritis.  Osteo arthritis.

I've had pain in my back and hips for a while.  Most of my joints get sore every once in a while.

Since Gloria died, though, it's gotten bad in my hands and forearms.  Particularly in my right hand and forearm.  (It would, of course, be in my dominant hand ...)

It's been particularly bad in my right hand since Saturday.  That was cleanup day ("late spring" cleaning, they called it) at St. Cuthbert's.  I went along to help.  Possibly a bad idea.  Not the heavy lifting: all the people who wanted to shake my hand and demonstrate what a strong grip they had ...

Actually, the next day my hand and forearm had eased off a bit, although my back was stiff.  (That eased off after about a kilometre of walking.)  But the ache has settled in over the past two days, so I guess this is the new normal.  Not looking forward to when the cold and rain settles in.  I guess hot baths are going to be pretty regular from here on in.

No comments:

Post a Comment