Friday, September 30, 2022

Next step in buying my new place ...

My postings will be a bit random over the next few days, as I'm away from my normal computer and all my "stuff" ...

I couldn't sleep, so I did some repacking of the car, and took a shower, and still got to the Tsawwassen terminal well before the 5:15 ship sailed.  They wanted an extra $27 to put me on the 5:15, so I went back to Tsawwassen to the McDonald's, only to find that the McDonald's in Tsawwassen doesn't even open their drive-thru until 5:00 AM, or their lobby until 6:00 AM.  So I drove around the outside of Tsawwassen Mills, and the outlying buildings, to get some sense of what the place was like.  Of course, I don't have any idea of what the main mall is like, but at least I have an idea of how to get in, and out, and the businesses that are available just outside of the mall itself.

They let me into the terminal parking lot just after 5:15.  I, of course, used the rather lengthy waiting time that I had, by mapping BC Ferries wifi strength around the parking lot.  I use the term mapping loosely, since I could not find any rhyme or reason to how the signal was available in different areas.  It does seem to be radiating from most of the buildings on the site, with the singular exceptions of the control tower, and the two buildings with wash rooms in them.  The Tsawwassen Quay building, rather interestingly, has a much stronger signal on the north side of the building than on the south side of the building.  The south side of the building is, of course, where most of the cars would park.

Yet another oddity is that the consistently strongest signal seems to be under The pedestrian walkways for access to the various births.  Walking along this walkway, or below it, or just beside it, provides a relatively consistent, and reliable signal.

Off to "close," and later "take possession," of my new home ...

No comments:

Post a Comment