Monday, September 19, 2022

Disney Princess

I was helping out at another dinner at another church.  This one was a family fun night.  They had made arrangements to have a visit from one of the Princess Parties crew, which appears to have a license from Disney for Disney princesses.

I knew the character, and we'd seen the movie.  Gloria and I saw pretty much all the Disney movies, including all the Disney princess movies.  For some reason, though, this set me off on a grief burst, repeatedly.  I had to keep ducking back into the kitchen to have a cry.  (I don't think anybody really noticed, seeing as how I was in the kitchen most of the time anyway.)

I don't know why Disney princess movies, or the thought of their plot lines, or various aspects of their plot lines, set me off.  All of them are pretty formula.  There's only one that I really, really like, and Gloria didn't particularly like that one.  I can't think that it was anything specific about this particular character, or movie, that would generate a grief burst.  It certainly wouldn't be anything about Disney that would generate a grief burst.

Possibly it's just because they are love stories.  Maybe love stories are setting me off right now.  I haven't been watching any Hallmark movies, so I guess that would be the acid test.  If a Hallmark movie makes me cry, I must be in a pretty bad way.

No comments:

Post a Comment