Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Larry

In the later years of his life, Larry, Gloria's baby brother, seemed to take a vow of curmudgeonliness.  He seemed to see it as a moral failure to laugh with anyone.

He also had decided that he was a bit of a computer hacker.

I'm converting the tape of Gloria's 60th birthday.  It was a big party, and we took a lot of pictures.  I was fairly determined to get Larry to smile for the picture he was in, because it had been a long time since we had had one of him smiling.  So, once everyone was in place and I was ready to snap the shot, instead of calling out, "Say 'cheese!'" I said, "Say 25 gigahertz CPU!"  And it worked!  Larry smiled, and I snapped, and you can hear me say, on the tape, "I got it!"

Only I didn't got it.  Remember, I told you about film?  The film on that particular roll had't "caught" on the spool, and none of the pictures I took on that roll were actually taken, which I didn't find out until later.

I really regret not having that shot ...

No comments:

Post a Comment