Monday, July 25, 2022

Choir concert

Tried out another church, yesterday.  Mostly because they have both an 8 AM and 10 AM service, and I was up early.  So I walked up for the 8 AM service.

A couple of neighbours go there, and they invited me to join them (and a regular group of friends) for breakfast at iHOP.  Since this was the first time anyone at any church in Delta had invited me for a meal after a service, it seemed churlish to refuse.

It's a regular event for them, with a regular table at the iHOP.  After breakfast most of them return for the 10 AM service, so I went, too.

The 10 AM service was the windup concert for a choir camp that had been running the previous week.  In addition, they had lots of real hymns.  So, I was thinking how much Gloria would have enjoyed it, and, therefore, was a complete mess by the end of the service.

Possibly not the best service to choose for a visit to a new church ...

No comments:

Post a Comment