Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Gloria called?

I may have mentioned (probably more than once) that I have not had Gloria "come to me."  Many of the bereaved, and certainly a significant number of those in the various grief groups I've been in, have mentioned seeing their loved one on the street, had the loved one talk to them, heard the loved one's voice, or had a dream about the loved one.  I haven't.  I generally don't make a big deal about *NOT* having had a visit in the groups, because those who *do* report visits (and, as I say, they are definitely in the majority) are so positive and so happy about them.

OK, I've had one.

Gloria called my name.

I woke up, out of a sound sleep, because my name, "Rob," was called.  I woke up "knowing" it was Gloria: who else would it be?  Then I woke up, and knew that Gloria was dead, so it couldn't be her, and it couldn't be anyone else, so it was probably just a dream.

Looking back on it, immediately after I woke up, I couldn't say, for sure, that it was Gloria's voice.  (It's hard, trying to think back on dreams, to be sure of *any* details, in any case.)  Gloria had a very distinctive voice.  This was just an elderly female voice.  And that's all it was.  I can't remember anything else about the dream, if it was part of a dream.  Just the voice, calling my name, once.

As visitations go, it was pretty mingy.

It was also inconvenient.  I didn't feel joy, or sadness, but I'm definitely up.  And I only got three hours sleep Monday night, and was hoping for a solid sleep last night, because I have to be off to two medical appointments in Horseshoe Bay (fortunately, I was able to make them back to back) this morning.  I did get a solid sleep until the "call," but only for seven hours.

I guess I was primed for the "call," because I've been doing the VHS to DVD conversions.  Sometimes I put a tape on and go out (I'll do that now, because I probably won't have time for a walk later today), but sometimes I'm doing stuff around the house while the tape is running, and Gloria will be talking or laughing or singing on the tape.

Anyway, whatever the reality, and whatever the cause, I'm up.  I'll put in a tape and a disk, and set up a conversion run, and then go for a walk, and come back and get started on the day a bit later.

I also have a bit of a sore throat, and suspect I may be coming down with a summer cold, so I suppose I can expect to be fairly miserable for the next week or so.  Oh, joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment