Thursday, May 5, 2022

Jeans (part 2)

In the first account I composed for you, Jeanophilus, I began to teach of all that you could do, and to save, in thrift stores.

I may also have mentioned that there was *no way* I was going to wear those jeans before I washed them.  So I washed them.


This was the result.

Now, I washed them, by themselves, in a tumble washer, the gentlest form of washing there is, besides hand-washing delicates.  And they fell apart.  I found this rather surprising, not to say startling.

I rather suspected that nobody was going to take any responsibility.  I was right.

I went back to Stitch World, who did the hemming.  (And, you will recall, charged me more for the hemming than I paid for the actual pants.)  They took no responsibility whatsoever.  None.  Zero.  Zilch.  Not a sausage.  They tried to blame me.  (For not noticing that the pants were damaged in the first place.  Which they weren't.  But, in any case, why didn't *they*,  when doing a close inspection for the hemming, notice anything untoward?)  They tried to blame my washer, or washing.  (Tumble washer, remember?)  They tried to blame Talize.  They wouldn't take any responsibility, they wouldn't repay anything, they wouldn't give a discount: nothing.

So, I went back to Talize.  Of the two, I would have expected Stitch World to take more responsibility, as a business.  Talize is a thrift store, and they are pretty cheap, and they make a big deal about being a charity, and their sales slips say all sales are final.  But they gave me my money back.  For the pants, not for the hemming.  And, not exactly my money back, but a gift card, so I have to spend it there anyway.  And they kept the pants, so I can't even go for the grunge look.

So, I'm out $26.25 for the hemming that I paid to Stitch World for ... nothing ...

No comments:

Post a Comment