Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Daily paper?

The bill for the Vancouver Sun came yesterday.

I haven't decided what to do about it, but my strong inclination, right now, is to drop it.

Gloria read the paper.  Every day.  I read the news from online sources.  Then we'd discuss the news, and add bits other other hadn't heard, or that other sources hadn't covered particular details of.  We'd also watch both Global's news, and The National.  (Both recorded, of course, so that we could stop and discuss bits of them.)

I started out recording both Global's news, and The National.  I've stopped recording The National.  I'm still recording Global's news, but only because I want to watch "Satellite Debris" on Friday, and, *very* occasionally, the weather.  (To see how it might affect planning for my walks, or the garden.)

I read the paper every morning.  Or, at least, I skim the headlines.  I occasionally read something, but very seldom find anything I'm interested enough to read.  I read the comics.  But I can't recall the last time I found something there that was interesting enough to keep, or even recall.

So, is it worth $500 a year, for that?  I do use the paper to wrap my compost kitchen scraps in, to walk down to the garbage room, but I can get more than enough from the free local rag.  (In case I need more, there are always several copies left over at the end of the week when the new ones come.)

Like I say, I haven't completely made up my mind, but my inclination is to drop it ...

No comments:

Post a Comment