Friday, February 18, 2022

You want a cleaner topic?

My showers are taking longer.

Yes, everything is taking longer these days.  I have no standard processes, no procedures, no schedules.  My life is barely controlled (I hope) chaos.

I generally shower in the morning, and it's usually pretty quick.  (I have been doing some soaks in a hot bathtub, at times, recently, in the evening, particularly if my back is sorer than usual.)  Gloria was always impressed by how fast my showers were.  But they are taking longer these days.

One factor is the shower enclosure.  I know you are supposed to squeegee the water off the walls after a shower.  That takes a while, and it also seems to have added to my exercise routine.  (Reach up, wipe down, bend down to get the lower part of the wall, reach up ...)  (Rinse and repeat, as it were.)

But there's also the body wash.  I've always used soap.  Gloria had a couple of samples, and one partial bottle, of body wash.  So I'm trying it.  (Hey, I'm Scottish, by heritage.  Use it up, wear it out, make it do.)  It's different from soap.  I suspect it has some kind of moisturizer in it.  (Or, at least, an extra wetting agent.)  I don't use very much.  But then it takes forever to feel as if I've properly rinsed off.  In fact, I never do feel properly rinsed.  I just stop.

Yet another in the endless series of changes in my life ...

No comments:

Post a Comment