Saturday, April 27, 2024

Shock therapy

The shrink is talking about shock therapy again.  As someone who deals with technology, I should be more sanguine about the concept of "let's reboot the system and see if that fixes the problem," but, somehow, I'm not keen on the idea.  I mean, I know it's not a threat, but it does sound an awful lot like, "You'd better get happy or we're going to put four thousand volts through your brain."  Nobody seems to be concerned about whether or not that will improve the situation or make it worse.  I guess, from *their* perspective, it doesn't really matter if things get worse: they don't like the way it is anyway.  However, I *do* know that things can get worse.  Things can *always* get worse.  I'm a grieving widower.  Of *course* things can get worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment