Saturday, March 11, 2023

Images of Gloria

For somebody who was into photography for a long time, I don't do much in terms of going back and looking at pictures that I've taken.  Or even pictures that other people have taken, and given to me.  Old pictures don't seem to be very important to me.  I should probably give all of the photos that I have, and any family albums that I have, to the girls, because I may lose some of them, simply out of neglect.

I've been going through my phone this morning, and deleting photos, in an attempt to try and recover storage space on the phone.  (Or, at least, to ensure that my phone isn't cluttered up with things that I don't want or need.)  I, well not exactly accidentally, but possibly too hurriedly, deleted a picture that I possibly wanted to keep, but I'm not too terribly upset about it, and, in fact, thinking back on it now I can't remember exactly what it was.  I did, on going through the list, come across one of the pink dawn pictures from the second last day that Gloria was alive, and had a bit of a grief burst over that.  (And just did so again, over dictating that.)

I also came across some pictures of Gloria, and realized that I don't, mentally, when remembering and trying to bring to mind an image of Gloria, remember her as she was in the last years before she died.  When I do try to bring to mind an image of Gloria, it's probably one from a time, about the middle of our marriage, when she had retired, and had, successfully, dieted and was smaller than she was for most of our marriage.  I'm not particularly sure why.  It wasn't that I liked Gloria any more at that particular weight or time, or that I liked her less before, when she was heavier, or after, when she was heavier.  I loved Gloria until the moment she died, regardless of size or looks.  Possibly Gloria liked that picture of herself, although I do recall that, even at that weight, Gloria was not happy with how she looked.  So I'm not sure why that's my mental image of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment