Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Hockey, all season long

Today I bought myself a hockey ticket for tonight's hockey game.  And, in addition, bought myself seasons tickets for next season.  Well, it wasn't much more to buy that than it was to buy the Roomba, and so I might as well give it a try. I've picked the same seat for next season as for tonight's game, so that I can see whether this is in fact a good idea.  In terms of the seat, so far it seems to be okay.

I didn't cry, too much, at the game on Monday, so I hope I'm not in too much danger at games this (next?) season.  I'm possibly a bit more concerned about how busy I have gotten myself in terms of activities, and how many of them will conflict with the games which, after all, aren't even decided in terms of schedule for next season yet.  I will receive that schedule at some point in the future.

Tonight's game is against the Surrey Eagles, which, in view of my sojourn in Delta over the past year, is somewhat ironic.  I suppose, in a sense, I am feeling ever so slightly homesick for the mainland and my previous home in the greater Vancouver area.  However, tonight I'll root for the Bulldogs anyway.

It's rather interesting, in view of past experiments, that I am able to use the City of Port Alberni wifi, and do dictation (apparently fairly effectively), even in the very noisy environment here in the hockey arena.  It is only practice, so far, but there's still background music at an extremely high level, and of course the noise of the players, warming up on the ice, taking practice shots, and so forth.  I can hardly hear myself dictate, and yet Gboard seems to be handling it reasonably well.  (Except for the fact that it thought the Surrey Eagles were the Siri Eagles, which is rather ironic ...)

No comments:

Post a Comment