Friday, February 24, 2023

Snow

Yesterday we had some snow.  It was early in the morning, but I was up early.  (Busy day, on the calendar.)  It wasn't very much snow.  It was falling lightly while I was doing most of my early walking, and it never got too terribly deep.  The roads were not impassable, although you would have had to have been careful driving around town.  Walking on the sidewalks was a little bit more difficult, but walking on the roads wasn't too hard, particularly if you could find a track that somebody had driven down.  It didn't fall fairly heavily about 7:00 AM, but then it eased off, and, by about 11:00, it was really lovely sunshine, and remain so for the rest of the day.  It was bitterly cold, but at least there was sun, and, walking in the afternoon, it was sometimes even too warm for me to zip up my heavy jacket.  I had a fairly busy day, yesterday, with all kinds of appointments.  The fact that there was even a skiff of snow meant that I was concerned that people would be canceling the appointments.  Actually, only one of them got canceled, but there was pretty low attendance at all of them.  This made it somewhat easier, in terms of the appointments, because some of them could be shortened, and that gave me a bit of a break and margin.

Today is sunny as well, and I doubt that there is any chance that we will have any kind of snow at any point.  It looks like a really lovely day.



Tomorrow, we are supposed to have snowpocalypse.  Again, it'll be a fairly busy day for me.  I've got a number of appointments morning, noon, and night.  And by night, I imagine that I will be slogging through some fairly heavy snow.  Although, also, by nightfall I assume that people will have gone into their standard Port Alberni reaction to snow, and that everything will be canceled, so I have no idea whether my evening appointment (the "Jesus" movie screening for this week) will happen or not.  I'll have to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment