Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Broken toe

I've broken my little toe.  I stubbed it on the filing cabinet, forgot about it, and then didn't realize that I'd broken it until, after a few days, I couldn't figure out why my toe was hurting.  I was wondering if my shoes had a pinch point, or the socks had a wrinkle or an extra thick section of knitting over the toe, or I was getting gangrene. or I did not know what was happening.  And then realized it was broken.

There's nothing to be done about it.  They don't splint or cast broken toes, at least, not little ones.  You just put up with the pain until the toe heals.

Gloria broke her little toe quite frequently.  Usually on the desk in the hallway, even though it had been there for years.  (Neither of us wore slippers: both of us liked bare feet around the house.)  So, if I'm crying while out walking, it's not over the pain in my toe, but because I am remembering Gloria.

No comments:

Post a Comment