Saturday, November 12, 2022

Shaw voicemail

Shaw, when it provides home phone "service," tells you that you can create up to ten voicemail mailboxes.

It doesn't tell you that it has already created one.

And turned it on.

With settings that ensure that your own answering machine (yes, my children.  God created answering machines, before She created voicemail) never gets a chance to take a message.

And with settings that don't give you *any* indication at all that it might have, say, taken a half a dozen messages in the past week, and not told you about any of them.

Shaw also doesn't give you any indication of how you might access voicemail.  I still have no idea how to get at messages by phone, and only discovered all of this when, just now, I thought I might have a go at Shaw's brain-dead Website, and see if it would tell me how to turn on voicemail, only to find that it was turned on, and had been taking messages.  (Including some rather important ones.)  Which I haven't known about until now.

Ceterum censeo Shaw delendam esse.

No comments:

Post a Comment