Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Clocked

I also found that the big wall clock, that Gloria had in her sewing room, had not been working for a while, so I put a battery in it.  It was working.  (I also put a battery in the anniversary clock, and it was working, and still is.)  Anyway, when I checked it a bit later, it had stopped working.  I thought that maybe I had chosen a dud battery, so I replaced the battery, and that didn't work.  So I replaced the battery with another battery, and that didn't work.  The only thing I can think of is that the clock, having woken up, and finally realize that it's mistress is nowhere around, has given up and died.

I've gone and checked around various places, and pretty much decided on a large, plain clock at Walmart.  But I haven't yet thrown out the clock that isn't working, and haven't yet gone and bought the replacement.  Partly because I've had an oddly busy week, but partly because I haven't yet thrown out "Gloria's" clock ...

No comments:

Post a Comment